How to Apply for a place at IIS
We are now accepting applications for 2019-20. Students applying to a grade with no seats available will be added to our wait list. Placement is based on an overall assessment of the applicant’s package.
Please note that applicants are responsible for ensuring that correct documents have been submitted. All documents submitted are considered the property of I-Shou International School and will not be returned after the application process is complete.
After an initial consultation, the following process will be followed:
Step 1: Submit Application and Supporting Documents
Please submit the following completed documents to our admissions office:
1. Completed Application Form for I-Shou International School
- Taiwanese Citizens: A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Non-Taiwanese citizens: Copies of the applicant’s passport and the Alien Resident Certificate.
3. Official transcripts or report cards from the previous two academic years.
4. Authorization of two academic years’ report cards if the school is outside of Taiwan.
Step 2: Review
After receiving these documents, the Admissions Office will complete a review to determine whether an interview and test can be offered.
If the applicant passes the review, we will contact the family to set an interview and test date.
If the student’s application is declined at this stage, we will notify the family by telephone. Reasons for declining an application may include low academic standing or limited language proficiency as described in the records.
Step 3: Interview and Testing
Families must transfer the application and test fee (NTD 3,000) prior to the interview and test.
An oral interview and test are required for the admissions procedure.
- Primary Grade 1-5: Oral Interview 15 mins, English Test 15 mins
- Middle School Grade 6-8: Oral Interview 30 mins, English and Math Test 60-90 mins
- International programme Grade 9-12: Oral Interview 30 mins, English and Math Test 60-90 mins
- National programme Grade 9-12: Oral Interview 30 mins, Chinese, English and Math Test 90-120 mins
Testing normally takes 1-2 hours based on the applicant’s age and testing required.
Please note that an opportunity to interview and test does not guarantee placement at I-Shou International School.
Step 4: Acceptance Decision
After the testing, interview and a review of the final documents, an acceptance decision will be made.
If an applicant is not accepted at this stage, their family will be officially notified by telephone.
After a written formal acceptance is received, all tuition and fees must be paid by the designated due date in order to reserve a seat. Failure to meet the deadline will result in forfeiture of the student’s enrollment and placement on the waiting list.
Once an applicant is accepted, the Student Medical Information and Student Enrollment Information are required to be completed by a parent or guardian as a condition of enrollment.
I-Shou International School will not discuss or release an applicant’s information to anyone other than the applicant and the applicant’s parent/legal guardian. We do not accept applications from educational agencies or consultants.
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) Grade 1-5
- IB Primary Years Programme
- Ministry of Education Learning Benchmark
- Bilingual Teaching and Learning with 2 homeroom teachers
- International Programme
- IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) Grade 6-10
- IB Diploma Programme (DP) Grade 11-12
- National Programme
- Ministry of Education Programme Grade 9-12
At I-Shou, we provide both national and international learning pathways where can best prepare your child with the strong bilingual ability to gain entrance to universities worldwide.